Estonian English Finnish Norwegian Swedish

 

Estonian Literary Museum extension is open

23.05.2013

Extension of the Estonian Literary Museum main building was opened ceremonially on the 17th May 2013. The modern extension that was declared open with a ribbon cutting ceremony hosts now a document archive, which was previously located in the old part of the museum built in the end of 19th century.

Estonian Literary Museum main building was originally built in 1894 and with the 4-storey extension the museum added 3000 square meters to its area. Also, the existing historical building was partially reconstructed.

Amhold performed project management, architectural-historical, engineering-technical and environmental surveys and architectural design, interior design, landscape architecture, structural engineering, HVAC systems, watering, sewerage and drainage systems, gas extinguish and fire safety systems, strong and weak electrical engineering, greenery, traffic and road solutions. We also carried out construction cost calculations and performed author’s supervision during the construction period.

Design works and surveys project manager was Olavi Ottas.

Estonian Literary Museum is a national research institute of the Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia. The ELM acts as a national central archive of arts and archives library.