Estonian English German Finnish Norwegian Swedish


The engineering design for the Knighthood House building is now ready


On 30 October, 2016 AS Amhold delivered the engineering design of the representative building of the Government Office of Estonia to its client Riigi Kinnisvara AS. This project included preparing the restoration, reconstruction and repair design for the former Knighthood House building in Tallinn, at Kiriku plats 1/Kohtu tn 1/Toom-Rüütli 2.

This building was built in the first part of the 18th century and was reconstructed in 1845–1848 and 1920–1930. At different times the house accommodated:

  • The Estonian Knighthood (until 1918)
  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia (1921–1940)
  • A library (in 1948 the National Library of the ESSR, from 1953 the Fr. R. Kreutzwald State Library of the ESSR and in 1988–1991 the National Library of Estonia)
  • The Estonian Art Museum (1993–2005)
  • The Museum Building Foundation
  • The Estonian Art Academy (until 2016)

An architectural-historical and engineering-technical survey was started in November 2015. The following experts were involved in preparing the design: Olga Kolomenski, project manager; Jane Teresk, architect; Pille Lausmäe (Pille Lausmäe Sisearhitektuuri Büroo ), interior decorator; Katrin Viirlik, structures; Helin Aus, heating, ventilation and cooling; Olga Snõtko and Igor Ipolitov, water and sewerage.